Monday, March 26, 2012
This weekend I took our Sewing Center's pattern for a Catch a Thread Pincushion and amended it to create an Easter basket.
I enlarged the bag part to 25 1/2 x 11, machine embroidered a face, and added ears and a handle in place of the pincushion.
I plan to fill the basket with all kinds of homemade goodies. I'm even thinking of a soft fabric book for the baby.
If you would like a complete set of instructions for the Easter bunny basket, contact the Sewing Center here. If you have an idea or project to share for goodies to put into the Easter basket post it to our Facebook page. We'd love to have you share your projects with us!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
Here's a few to inspire you:
Husqvarna Viking site's free embroidery design this month includes instructions for a lovely Springtime Easter Apron---complete with machine applique eggs. Sew cute!
Remember those washcloth animals so popular at baby showers? A bunny or two would look adorable in baby's first Easter basket and Countrywomanmagazine.com has the directions for you.
How about a Chenille Chick for that basket? Try one here.
Have you shrunk a cashmere sweater beyond recovery? Since no Easter basket is complete without a bunny why not recycle that old sweater into a couple of super soft and oh so cute bunnies? Here's how from blogger Betz White.
What lovely projects to fill a basket! I am so inspired we may provide a few of our own in the coming days.
Meanwhile why not embroider the center of a straw wreath as shown in the photo? And don't forget to visit, like, and share our Facebook page for our Spring time promotions and ideas!
Tuesday, March 13, 2012
- Garden Patch Cats Block--- March 20th 1:00 to 4:00
- Mini Quilt Show --- March 26th 1:00
What are your favorite resources on the web for quilting information and patterns? We found these websites:
- quilting at about.com---a wonderful resource of some really unique patterns, much of them free. I really like the bug jars---wouldn't that be nice for a lovely quilt for a summertime picnic.
- Piece n Quilt---a blog written and maintained by a fellow quilter. Wow---I can only aspire to some of her creations! Simply gorgeous.
- RK Quilts--- If you're a fan of Robert Kaufman's fabrics and even if your not---there's a sampling of free patterns and other quilting helpers on this site.
- Scrap Quilts ---Another resource for patterns.
And no blog about quilting would be complete without some pictures of our star quilter's projects. If you'd like to be included please post a picture of your quilting project to our Facebook page or email it to us and we'll be happy to post it for you. We're excited about National Quilting Month and hope that you join us in making sewing exciting and fun and passing the skill and excitement on to others.